< Previous page ^ Table of Contents Next page >

University stipends: Notice

25 May 1998

Following discussion by the Joint Negotiating Committee for Academic and Academic-related Staff, agreement has been reached for an increase of 2 per cent from 1 April 1998 in the salaries of non-clinical academic and academic-related staff, followed by a further 1.8 per cent from 1 October 1998, making a total increase of 3.8 per cent from the latter date. The Council and the General Board will bring forward a Joint Report in due course setting out detailed proposals for revised stipends for University officers.

Meanwhile, in order to implement the settlement with the minimum of delay, the Council have agreed to propose that an increase of 2 per cent should be made in all relevant stipends and associated payments with effect from 1 April 1998; they are submitting a Grace to the Regent House (Grace 3, p. 713) for the approval of this proposal. The stipends of certain offices do not require the approval of the University; it is expected that, subject to the approval of the Grace, corresponding increases in these stipends will be approved by the Council or the General Board, as appropriate.

< Previous page ^ Table of Contents Next page >

Cambridge University Reporter, 3 June 1998
Copyright © 1998 The Chancellor, Masters and Scholars of the University of Cambridge.