1. The Chancellor of the University shall be elected by the members of the Senate and shall hold office, in accordance with the laws and customs of the University, until he or she voluntarily resigns or until the Senate otherwise determines.
2. The manner of nominating candidates, of taking votes in an election, and of determining the result of the election may be prescribed by Ordinance from time to time and unless so prescribed shall be as has been customary heretofore. When an election has taken place, an instrument of election shall be sealed as soon as conveniently may be, and shall be delivered to the person elected without delay.
3. The Chancellor shall have power to call Congregations of the Regent House, and to admit candidates to degrees and titles of degrees.
4. The Chancellor shall have power to see that all officers of the University duly perform their duties.
5. The Chancellor shall perform such other duties as may be prescribed by Statute or Ordinance.
6. If the office of Chancellor is vacant, the duties and powers of the Chancellor which are not otherwise allocated by Statute or Special Ordinance to the Vice-Chancellor shall be discharged by the High Steward (or the Deputy High Steward).
7. The following shall be members of the Senate:
provided always that
8. It shall be the duty of the Senate to enact Ordinances regulating its own procedure.
9. The High Steward shall be elected by the members of the Senate. The arrangements prescribed by Statute and Ordinance for the election of the Chancellor shall apply also to the election of the High Steward.
10. The Deputy High Steward shall be appointed by the High Steward by Letters Patent.
11. The High Steward and the Deputy High Steward shall perform such duties as have heretofore been customary and any duties prescribed by Statute or Ordinance. When the office of High Steward is vacant the duties of that office shall be performed by the Deputy High Steward.
12. The Commissary shall be appointed by Letters Patent by the Chancellor or, if the office of Chancellor is vacant, by the High Steward. The Commissary shall have judicial or quasi-judicial experience or be legally qualified, and shall not hold any other office in the University or a College. In the event of a vacancy in the office of Commissary the Chancellor (or the High Steward if the office of Chancellor is vacant) shall appoint an Acting Commissary who shall have the full powers of the Commissary to act under the provisions of this chapter until a newly appointed Commissary takes office.
13. The Commissary shall perform such duties as have heretofore been customary and any duties prescribed by Statute or Ordinance. In the discharge of her or his duties under this chapter the Commissary shall not be under the direction of the Council or of any other authority in the University.
14. Each of the officers of High Steward, Deputy High Steward, and Commissary shall hold office until he or she voluntarily resigns or until the Senate otherwise determines.