1. A candidate for the M.B.A. Examination must be approved by the Degree Committee for the Faculty of Business and Management, who shall assign to each candidate a date of commencement of candidature.
2. The Degree Committee may approve as a candidate for the M.B.A. Examination any student who has satisfied the Committee that by reason of previous study he or she is qualified to engage in postgraduate work in Management Studies.
3. Applications for approval under Regulation 2 shall be sent to the Secretary of the Degree Committee so as to arrive not later than 31 March next preceding the date on which the applicant wishes his or her candidature to begin, provided that the Committee shall have power to consider applications submitted after that date.
4. The course of study leading to the M.B.A. Examination shall cover the following aspects of business administration: basic skills and functional knowledge, organizational integration, the organization in its environment. The course of study shall consist, at the choice of the candidate, of one of the following:
No student's name shall appear on the list of successful candidates for the M.B.A. Examination unless the Director of the Judge Institute of Management is satisfied that the student has diligently attended the course.
5. No student shall be a candidate for the M.B.A. Examination or for any part thereof on more than one occasion.
6. The M.B.A. Examination shall consist of three sections, as follows:
The Examiners shall have power to examine a candidate viva voce on any or all of the three sections of the examination (a)–(c).
7. The Faculty Board of Business and Management shall have power to issue supplementary regulations determining the scope and manner of assessment of the examination, and shall be empowered to amend such supplementary regulations from time to time as they may think fit, due care being taken that sufficient notice is given of any change.
8. The Faculty Board shall nominate such number of Examiners and Assessors as they may deem sufficient, including a resident member of the Senate as Chairman of Examiners.
9. The names of the candidates who satisfy the Examiners shall appear in separate class-lists headed ‘One-year candidates’ or ‘Two-year integrated candidates’ or `Executive M.B.A. candidates', according to the course of study that they have followed. The names of the candidates in each class-list shall be arranged in alphabetical order in a single class. The Chairman of Examiners shall communicate the marks of all candidates to the Registrary.
10. While following the course of study leading to the M.B.A. Examination a student shall pay the appropriate University Composition Fee for each year of the course (including periods spent away from Cambridge).
11. On completing the requisite number of terms,1 or hours of study, as set out in Regulation 4 a student who has satisfied the Examiners in the M.B.A. Examination shall be entitled to proceed to the degree of M.B.A.
12. A student who has taken the M.B.A. Examination shall not be entitled to count the period or any part of the period during which he or she has been a candidate for that examination towards a course of research for the degree of Ph.D., M.Sc., or M.Litt.