Resources and sources of support
The following resources are not endorsed by the University of Cambridge but may help to enhance and test your understanding of good academic practice.
These online tutorials will test your understanding of plagiarism and good academic practice.
- You quote it, you note it!, Acadia University
- Tutorial and various exercises, University of Essex
- Don't cheat yourself, University of Leicester
- How to recognise plagiarism, University of Indiana Bloomington
Understanding and avoiding plagiarism
- Academic integrity at Princeton University
Includes: examples of plagiarism - for text and computer programs; a guide on when to cite sources; a section on non-print and electronic sources; a section on misrepresenting original work; 'Working Habits that Work; and descriptions of bibliographic forms.
Website offering comprehensive advice and guidance to students and staff.
Guidance about study methods in the UK
Sources of support within the University
Your Tutor and Director of Studies are likely to be for first contacts for advice about good academic practice and plagiarism avoidance but sources of support within the University include: