Disability Resource Centre (DRC)
UPDATE: All students who have been made an offer of a place at the University of Cambridge (for Michaelmas Term 2013 entry) and who have disclosed a disability as part of their application process have been sent an email from the DRC containing important information for incoming students.
Need help completing your Student Information Form? See our Student Information Form page for full guidance on completing each section of the form.
Even though the deadline for new students applying for student finance is 31 May 2013, there is no deadline for Disabled Students' Allowances (DSA) applications. We encourage students to apply as soon as possible to ensure they have support in place for the start of their course. See the DRC information sheets below for more information on applying for DSAs.
Important information for incoming students
All students who have been made an offer of a place at the University of Cambridge (for Michaelmas Term 2013 entry) and have disclosed as part of their application process (such as on your UCAS Form, or Graduate Student Application Form) have now been sent an email from the Disability Resource Centre containing important information for incoming students.
If you have not received this email and think you should have done, please email email@example.com. If you did not disclose your disability as part of your application process, but would like to do so now, please contact the DRC.
What you should do now
There are several important things that you need to do, as soon as possible that will help to ensure support is in place for the start of your first term at the University of Cambridge. Even if you hold a conditional offer and your place is not yet confirmed, we would encourage you to follow these steps and do not delay.
- Complete the Student Information Form and send it to us ASAP. See the Student Information Form page for guidance notes on completing the form. It is acceptable to return an electronic copy of the form by email.
- Home students only: Apply for Disabled Students' Allowance (DSAs) if you have not done so already.
DSAs Information Sheet for Undergraduates
DSAs Information Sheet for Postgraduates
- Overseas students: Find out about financial support and apply for the International Disabled Students' Fund (IDS Fund), if eligible.
IDS Fund Leaflet
- If you require an updated dyslexia assessment please contact the DRC for further information.
- Do not hesitate to Contact us at any point with questions or concerns, no matter how small or big.
- Support meetings can be arranged with you, a DRC adviser and a representative from your College (usually your Tutor and/or Director of Studies) to discuss what support you would like at University. Your Disability Adviser may contact you to arrange a pre-arrival visit.
- If you have received examination access arrangements at school, such as extra time or the use of a word processor, and would like to continue with these when you are at Cambridge, please see Examination Access Arrangements for full details on the process for applying for exam access arrangements at the University.
- The Disability Access Guide provides useful information on the accessibility of various University and College buildings.