Disability Resource Centre (DRC)
Sidgwick Site: Lecture Block
- 01223 335006
Sidgwick Site, near Raised Faculty Building.
- Level entrance from raised section of site, through heavy doors on the left hand side. Steps or narrow ramp up to rather small lift, which reaches all four floors. Alternative is flights of steep stairs, with handrails.
- Lecture rooms are mostly level, with fixed wooden benches but some room for wheelchairs and other chairs. Top floor rooms have ordinary tables and chairs.
- No disabled toilets. Nearest are in Lady Mitchell Hall or foyer of Raised Faculty Building.
- Flourescent lighting in all rooms.
- No touch-readable buttons or audio information in lift.
- Stairs are unmarked, but do have continuous handrails.
- Infra-red hearing enhancement systems installed on first and second floors, suitable for non hearing-aid users. Loops available to borrow.
Other Useful Information
No refuge areas in case of fire, and although evacuation chairs were installed, these were removed and have not been replaced.
The information on this page is the responsibility of the Sidgwick Site. The DRC updates information as it is recevied. To ensure the information contained here is current, please check with the relevant Department.