Disability Resource Centre (DRC)
New Museums Site: Arts School Lecture Rooms
New Museums Site, near Free School Lane entrance. Ramped entrance from Bene't Street during office hours.
- Uneven concrete ramped entrance from New Museums Site to access Room A, through heavy double doors, one usually bolted from inside. Gently ramped entrance to access B and C via Bene't Street gates. Two steps between Room A and Rooms B and C.
- Room A is tiered, with fixed wooden bench seating, and some space for wheelchairs at the front. B and C are level, with moveable furniture, and a large step to the stage.
- No disabled toilet.
- Signage is poor. Small paper sign on New Museums side to Central Periodicals Library.
- No touch-readable or audio information in lift.
- Rather dimly lit throughout building.
- Large white projection screens inside lecture rooms.
- All three lecture rooms have infra-red hearing enhancement systems installed, suitable for non-hearing aid users.
- Rather echoey inside building.
Other Useful Information
- For other access enquiries, please call the custodian Clive Squires (tel. (3)34456).
The information on this page is the responsibility of the New Museums Site. The DRC updates information as it is recevied. To ensure the information contained here is current, please check with the relevant Department.