Disability Resource Centre (DRC)
- 2–3 Bene't Place,
Cambridge CB2 1EL
- Sue Geeson
- 01223 332 865
- 01223 760 990
Counselling service open to all members and staff of Cambridge University. Appointments can be made with counsellors regarding any personal, relationship or identity problems. There are also many self-help resources available. See the website for more information, as some resources are available online.
9am–5.30pm Monday and Friday. 9.30am–7.30pm Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
A 10–15 minute walk from the city centre. The building is located opposite ‘The Snug’ bar. There is rather a lot of traffic along Lensfield Road, and pavements are poor.
Parking in the area is very difficult, and there is little space for drop off and pick up. Call in advance for advice on parking for a short term visit.
Ramped main entrance from Lensfield Road, through wide door. Bell and intercom at door into reception, with electric door release.
Number of floors
Four floors in total, including basement.
Lifts and stairs
No lift. Stairs have continuous handrails.
Disabled toilet at ground level.
- There are counselling and meeting/group rooms at ground level, so please request this if needed.
- Waiting area has low seats with armrests.
- Brass sign at main entrance.
- Large print information can be made available on prior request.
- Induction loop in Reception area, and a portable induction loop is accessible to all counsellors.
- The building is carpeted and quiet, although there is sometimes traffic noise from outside.
Other Useful Information
- Counselling can be requested using a secure web-form on the Service website, which gives an opportunity to declare a disability or request being seen in a ground floor room.
The information on this page is the responsibility of the Couselling Service. The DRC updates information as it is received. This page was last updated on 20th August 2012. To ensure the information contained here is current, please check with the Counselling Service.