Disability Resource Centre (DRC)
Asperger Syndrome News and Events
- Careers Transition Programme for students with Asperger Syndrome 2012-13
- AS Social Group
- Over 18 Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) Social Club
The University of Cambridge Careers Service, in collaboration with the Disability Resource Centre (DRC) is running a series of workshops specifically for students with Asperger syndrome (AS), to prepare for a successful career after University.
The programme starts in November 2012 and is open to undergraduate and postgraduate students with Asperger Syndrome across all academic disciplines.
The series of workshops includes:
- Workshop one – Skills and Presenting Them – Wednesday 21st November 2012, 2-4pm
- Workshop two – The Career Search – Thursday 14th February 2012, 2- 4pm
- Workshop three – Interviews and Disclosure – Thursday 7th March 2013, 2-4pm
All workshops will be held in the Bridget's Meeting Room at:
- The Disability Resource Centre (DRC)
Are you interested in attending?
If so, please email either the Disability Advisers at the DRC or Catherine Alexander at the Careers Service to book a place on the programme. Places are limited so please get in contact as soon as possible.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us via email or phone as below:
- Catherine Alexander
University of Cambridge Careers Service
- Sally Ivens, Margot Chadwick and Deb Taylor
- Disability Advisers
University of Cambridge
Tel: 01223 332301
- Disability Advisers
We look forward to hearing from you!
- Weekly during University term time
- Every Friday lunch time 1-2pm. Feel free to bring your lunch.
- Bridget's Meeting Room
Disability Resource Centre
- About the Social Group
- The group is for anyone who identifies with Asperger Syndrome or High Functioning Autism and is studying at the University of Cambridge. We meet as a small group to chat about a variety of topics, share interests, make things (including origami birds!), get to know other students, discuss any issues and solutions to these, arrange activities and contribute to improving the student experience.
- New members are always welcome, so come along!
- Further information
- Students can also join the University of Cambridge AS Social Group Facebook group. Please note this has been set up as a 'secret group' on Facebook but confidentiality cannot be guaranteed. If you have any questions, please contact either the Disability Resource Centre (DRC) via email email@example.com or Chris Page (CUSU Welfare and Rights Officer) via email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact us by phone 01223 332301 or feel free to just come along to the group sessions.
- "I like attending the group as its a place I can be myself"
If you want to meet and socialise with other people (18+) on the autistic spectrum who may have shared interests with you, just come along. There is no upper age limit for this group, all adults are welcome.
The club meets on the 2nd Sunday of every month from 7.30 till 9.30pm. Please see the NAS Cambridge Branch website for specific dates.
- Christ the Redeemer Church Hall
At the venue, there will be access to the main Hall as well as the kitchen (to make drinks etc.), and also access to computers, games consoles, pool table, air hockey, fuzz ball, table tennis, arts activities as well as sofas so you can just sit back and chill.
- © 2013 Disability Resource Centre (DRC), University of Cambridge, Keynes House, Trumpington Street, CB2 1QA
Information provided by email@example.com, 15 October 2012