Disability Resource Centre (DRC)
The University of Cambridge's Disability Service:
- Information and advice on disability issues
- Individual support to disabled students and those staff supporting them
- Tailor-made training on all aspects of disability
- Advice on making 'reasonable adjustments' and the University's obligations under the Equality Act (2010)
- Developing University disability policy and practice
- Promoting disability awareness
Monday to Thursday 9am-5pm and Friday 9am-4pm
- Supporting Disabled Students
- Code of Practice
The Disability Resource Centre, in collaboration with Colleges and Departments/Faculties, is committed to promoting best practice throughout the University, and to continually developing the provision of support for disabled students. This provision enables the University to meet its legal obligations to disabled students under the Equality Act (2010). The University’s Code of Practice: Reasonable Adjustments for disabled students sets out the University’s policy in respect of supporting disabled students.
- DRC News
- Monthly Student Digest June 2014
The DRC Monthly Student Digest for June 2014 is now available. The digest contains events, news, job adverts and more, which we think will be of interest to disabled students. The digest is published every month during term time on the DRC website.
- Two new staff members join the DRC
Please follow this link to find out about the two new Disability Advisers at the DRC.
- Donate to the DRC
It is now possible to donate to the DRC online via the Cambridge University Development Office website. Please see the above link for details. We would be very grateful for support.
- DRC Events
- Specific Learning Difficulties Transitional Events
The transitional events are for students with Specific Learning Difficulties who will be starting at the University of Cambridge in Michaelmas Term 2014. The event will give details of support available from the Disability Resource Centre. More information about the event and booking onto the event can be found on our Events page
- Asperger Syndrome (AS) Social Group: Every Friday lunch time during term time, 1-2pm, at the DRC. Feel free to bring your lunch.