Disability Resource Centre (DRC)
The University of Cambridge's Disability Service:
If you have recently been made an offer of a place at the University of Cambridge for entry in Michaelmas Term 2013, please go to Before Arrival for important information for incoming students.
- Information and advice on disability issues
- Individual support to disabled students and those staff supporting them
- Tailor-made training on all aspects of disability
- Advice on making 'reasonable adjustments' and the University's obligations under the Equality Act (2010), which supercedes the DDA
- Developing University disability policy and practice
- Promoting disability awareness
Monday to Thursday 9am-5pm and Friday 9am-4pm
- DRC News
- Monthly Student Digest April 2013
The DRC Monthly Student Digest for April 2013 is now available. The digest contains events, news, job adverts and more, which we think will be of interest to disabled students. The digest is published every month during term time on the DRC website.
- Widening Participation Films
The DRC and the Cambridge Admissions Office are delighted to announce the launch of a new series of films featuring disabled students. The series has been produced to raise awareness about disclosure, the application process, and support available for disabled students at Cambridge.
- Donate to the DRC
It is now possible to donate to the DRC online via the Cambridge University Development Office website. Please see the above link for details. We would be very grateful for support.
- DRC Events
- Asperger Syndrome (AS) Social Group: Every Friday lunch time during term time, 1-2pm, at the DRC. Feel free to bring your lunch.
- Specific Learning Difficulties Social Group: First meeting Wednesday 8 May 2013, 12noon at the DRC. For anyone who considers themselves to have a Specific Learning Difficulty (such as dyslexia /dyspraxia/dysgraphia) currently studying at Cambridge.