May half-term 2013 planned activities
Tuesday 28 May
- Make/Do: T-Shirt Weaving
- Food Play: Bake and Ice Cup Cakes
- Playground Game: Non-stop Cricket
- Field Game: Punt/Pass/Kick
Wednesday 29 May
- TRIP: Swimming* (8yrs+)
- TRIP: Bowling or Cinema* (11yrs+)
- Make/Do: Newspaper-Skyscraper Challenge
- Food Play: Ice-Cream Shake
- Playground Game: Uni-hoc
- Field Game: Boot Camp
Thursday 30 May
- TRIP: Swimming* (8yrs+)
- Make/Do: Thaumatrope/Flickbooks
- Food Play: Mouse Train
- Playground Game: KOTR Footy/Bball
- Field Game: Manhunt
Friday 31 May
DS Day! Feel free to bring in your own games and handhelds!
- Feel free to bring in your own games and handhelds!
- Make/do: Jurassic Park (Cardboard)
- Food Play: Dino-dough
- Playground Game: T'Rex Basketball
- Field Game: Dinos Vs Dragons
- 'Just Dance' Wii contest
Children are made aware of the planned activities available. If children do not wish to participate in these there are many other play opportunities available. Some children prefer to play and organise their own games with friends. The children have input to the planning of activities and trips for future holidays as this will enable us to provide better opportunities at better value. All activities are free of charge unless contributions are explicitly requested.
Please note: Due to travel times and constraints of venues, we may not be able to offer trips to children booked in for half-day sessions. This is especially relevant to Swimming and Cinema trips. We ask that parents communicate directly with site during the holiday for the latest information regarding departure and return timings for trips, and on trip days please arrive promptly to help allow us to organise and brief children.
We ask for a £2 donation for any trips your child attends. Please note that we use public transport for trips. All trips and activities may change due to circumstances beyond our control. Departure times for trips will vary, however we suggest you arrive early on the morning of a trip to register interest with the site co-ordinator. Due to travel times it is best to book for a full day if you wish for your child to attend an off-site trip.
We make every effort to ensure all Children have a great time at Playscheme. However, if you have any concerns or any suggestions please speak to your Site Co-ordinator immediately or the Playscheme Co-ordinator as soon as possible.
Your child will need to bring to Playscheme
Please name all items!
- Clothing suitable for messy play, outside play and water play, and spare clothing to change into where necessary.
- Coats for cold or wet days.
- Packed lunch (with cool pack).
- Swimming costume and towel for swimming trips.
- Backpack/bag that your child can use for trips.
- Water bottles.
Available throughout the week, including:
- Mosaic coasters.
- Fantasy Candle Making.
- Making Cranes, Go-Karts, Snow Mobiles.
- Hama Beads.
- Messy Play.
- Jewellery Making.
- Gloop and Playdough Making.
- Junk Modelling.
- Fantasy Film Objects.
- Puzzle Making.
- Trinket Boxes.
- Design a plant pot.
- And many more!
Contact numbers during Playscheme
- Yellow Team (Fawcett site)
- 07977 306154
- 07977 306137 (normally Red Team number)
- Playscheme Co-ordinator
- 07985 735725
- Deputy Co-ordinator
- 07980 919108
If your call is urgent and you cannot get through to the venues, please contact the Playscheme Co-ordinator during Playscheme hours.