PhD by Special Regulations
In order to qualify for the PhD degree under special regulations candidates will need to demonstrate that:
- their work comprises a significant contribution to scholarship; and
- they meet the eligibility criteria for the degree. In order to check this do, please see the regulations below.
- University of Cambridge Special Regulations: Doctor of Philosophy
- Guide to Applicants: PhD Degree under Special Regulations
Please check the eligibility criteria very carefully. Please note that the term 'admission' to a degree means the date on which the degree was conferred on on the candidate, not the date the candidate began the degree.
If candidates meet the eligibility criteria for this degree and would like to make an application for the PhD degree under special regulations they will need to complete the following forms:
- Application Form: PhD under Special Regulations
- Declaration Form: PhD Degree under Special Regulations
The Board will acknowledge the receipt of your application and keep you up to date with the status of your application. Please note that consideration of an application may take longer than a year.