Student Complaints & Appeals
The University is committed to high quality of educational and other provision for students, and encourages students to say where there is cause for concern in individual or general matters. It undertakes to take such representation seriously. In raising possible issues of complaint, students themselves will have to be aware of their obligations as members of the University.
The University aims to handle complaints in a way which is sympathetic, fair, and efficient, which encourages informal conciliation, facilitates early resolution, maintains individual privacy and confidentiality, and permits useful feedback.
These pages provide information about the procedures and processes, informal and formal, for student complaint, reviews and appeals in the University:
- Student complaints and appeals: initial informal process
- Student complaints and appeals: general points about University formal procedures
- Student complaints and appeals: overview of University procedures and related guidance
- Student complaints: complaints about the Colleges
- Student complaints: other University institutions (ICE, etc.)
- Student complaints: complaints about the student unions
- Office of the Independent Adjudicator for Higher Education (OIA)
- Administration and contact points