Wednesday 21 March 2012
Vol cxlii No 25
The Council submits the following Grace to the Regent House. This Grace, unless it is withdrawn or a ballot is requested in accordance with the regulations for Graces of the Regent House (Statutes and Ordinances, p. 107), will be deemed to have been approved at 4 p.m. on Friday, 30 March 2012.
1. That the regulations for Cambridge University Students Union and the Graduate Union be amended in each case as follows:1
Regulation 5 (Estimates).
By replacing in line 4 the words ‘Easter Term’ by the words ‘Michaelmas Term’.
Regulation 6 (Audited accounts).
By replacing in line 1 the words ‘Easter Term’ by the words ‘Lent Term’.
Regulation 12 (Electoral scheme).
By replacing in lines 1–2 the words ‘by the division of the Michaelmas Term’ by the words ‘in the Michaelmas Term’.
1Statutes and Ordinances, pp. 191–3. The proposed amendments reflect the timing for the University’s Planning Round and allow the Council Committee for the Supervision of the Student Unions to carry out its financial and electoral scrutiny responsibilities in good time.
The Council has sanctioned the submission of the following Graces to the Regent House at a Congregation to be held on 24 March 2012: 1
That the following person be admitted to the degree of Master of Arts by incorporation:
9. Craig Peter McWilliam, Assistant Director in the Local Examinations Syndicate and Master of Arts of the University of Oxford (1985).
That the following persons be admitted to the degree of Master of Arts under the provisions of Statute B, III, 6:
10. Timothy Andrew Ablett, Computer Officer in the Department of Engineering.
11. Mark John Elsdon, Senior Technical Officer in the School of the Biological Sciences.
12. Ulrich Felix Keyser, Fellow of Gonville and Caius College and University Lecturer in the Department of Physics.
13. Colleen McCallum, Director, Cambridge University Press.
14. Matthew O’Brien, Fellow of Pembroke College.
15. Mark Timothy O’Neil, Director, Cambridge University Press.
16. Richard Keith Taplin, Fellow of Downing College.
17. Douglas Youngson, Computer Officer in the Management Information Services Division of the University Offices.
1These Graces are submitted in addition to those published previously (Reporter, 2011–12, p. 493).