Wednesday 8 December 2010
Vol cxli No 11
The Council submits the following Graces to the Regent House. These Graces, other than any which is withdrawn or for which a ballot is requested in accordance with the regulations for Graces of the Regent House (Statutes and Ordinances, p. 107), will be deemed to have been approved at 4 p.m. on Friday, 17 December 2010.
1. That a Jennifer Redhead Prize Fund be established in the University to be governed by the following regulations:1
1. The gift of Professor Michael Redhead, Emeritus Professor of History and Philosophy of Science, in memory of his wife, Jennifer Redhead, shall form a fund called the Jennifer Redhead Fund, the income of which shall be used to encourage the study of history and philosophy of science in the University.
2. There shall be a Jennifer Redhead Prize to be awarded annually by the Examiners for the examination in History, Philosophy, and Sociology of Science, Technology, and Medicine for the M.Phil. Degree for an outstanding performance on the essay components of that examination.
3. The value of the Prize shall be the annual income of the Fund.
4. If in any year the Prize is not awarded, the income for that year shall be added to the capital of the Fund.
2. That the recommendations in paragraph 5 of the Joint Report of the Council and the General Board, dated 19 July 2010 and 7 July 2010, on a Combined Equality Scheme on race, disability, and gender (Reporter, 2009–10, p. 1117) be approved.2
1A benefaction of approximately £1,800 pledged under Gift Aid arrangements has been received from Professor Michael Redhead, Emeritus Professor of History and Philosophy of Science, in memory of his wife, Mrs Jennifer Redhead.
2See the Council’s Notice on p. 290.
J. W. NICHOLLS, Registrary
END OF THE OFFICIAL PART OF THE ‘REPORTER’