MISD is an enabler for University business – to maintain our services we need to address the business needs of today whilst planning, developing and delivering capabilities for the future.
We cannot do this in isolation. Information Technology whilst fundamental for University business, is not the core business of the University. MISD provide a number of services to engage with and assist offices across the University in improving the efficiency and effectiveness of their business solutions and services.
Strategic Planning and Development
Our aim is to constantly challenge the status quo and look critically at our business solutions and develop a strategic direction that informs future developments. Our major areas of services (research, student/teaching and learning, staff and financial systems) are constantly undergoing change, from minor enhancements through to new services and major upgrades. Every change is an opportunity to improve and push the boundaries further. Key strategic areas today cover:
- Strategic review of our Finance and HR systems to plan the future direction of these two key capabilities
- Development of our administration capabilities for research grants
- Developing a strategy for the Integrated Services capabilities for the Unified Administrative Service (UAS)
- Introducing Web Content Management and Electronic Document Management capabilities to enable business process improvement through the use of on-line resources
- Alignment of CamSIS and CamTools to provide a cohesive platform for teaching and learning, and student records
Business Analysis and Improvement
Our team of specialist business experts will engage and assist business areas to review, map, analyse, design and manage change, and measure improvements to existing and new processes.
Key initiatives underway include:
- Redesign of the Student Administration to improve services and increase efficiencies by aligning Department and College processes
- Introduction of document and web content management into business processes to improve services
For further details, please see: