Legal Services Office
Who to contact
- Requests for advice on copyright matters should be directed to the University Copyright Officer (Ted Krawec).
- Other requests for advice arising in the University Offices (other than the Research Services Division) should be directed to the Deputy Head of Legal Services (David Parsons).
- All other requests for advice should be directed to the Head of Legal Services (Joanna Cheffins or Helen Jackson).
- If you need advice urgently but you cannot reach the appropriate person, please contact the Legal Services Administrator.
- If you already have an established contact within the Legal Services Office, who has previously dealt with a similar matter on your behalf, you should feel free to contact him or her directly.
- The Legal Services Office should be contacted early in the case of any matter where legal advice may be required. We are always pleased to act as a sounding board to discuss whether any legal issues arise or may arise in the future.
- We may conclude that our advice is not needed but we always prefer to have been consulted in the first place. If we consider that there is no need for legal advice, the use of external lawyers will not be authorised.
- Other than urgent or 'sounding board' enquiries, requests for advice should be set out in writing (including email) and accompanied by all relevant documents, although you can always discuss the matter with us in advance on the telephone.
- Any relevant deadlines should be clearly specified.