International Student Team
If you are coming to the UK to attend an interview at College, and you normally require a visa to enter the UK, then we understand that you should apply as a General Visitor (if you are over the age of 18) or Child Visitor (if you are under 18 years old).
The process of obtaining the visa depends on your visa status. Therefore:
- If you hold a passport from a country outside the European Economic Area and you are a visa national (someone who requires a visitor visa before travelling to the UK), you must apply before leaving for the UK;
- If you hold a passport from outside the European Economic Area and you are not a visa national, then you can seek permission to enter as a visitor on arrival in the UK.
The College inviting you to interview will provide you with a letter confirming the details of the interview (e.g. dates) and any other arrangements (e.g. accommodation). Since the College is not inviting any accompanying adult, the College is not required to provide any letter of support for any accompanying adult. We suggest this should come from the parent/guardian, possibly in liaison with the school if a teacher is accompanying you.
Information is available at www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/visiting/.
If you are under 18 years and travelling to the UK without an adult, then you also require:
- Consent from your parent/guardian for you to travel to the UK; and
- Evidence that suitable living arrangements have been made for the stay in the UK; and
- Contact details of your parent/guardian in your home country.
(Taken from Immigration Rules Paragraphs 46A-46F )
If you are under 18 years, and travelling with an adult, you must identify this adult when applying for your visa. The adult must be over the age of 18. The adult's name will appear on the visa. If you subsequently arrive in the UK without that adult, you will be refused entry. You can identify up to two adults, as long as your parent or guardian has given their consent (permission). Your visa is only valid if you travel with at least one of the adults identified on their visa.