Insurance Section

Travel Insurance

The University provides travel insurance for employees and registered post-graduate students of the University of Cambridge and its subsidiary companies whilst travelling abroad on University of Cambridge business. Cover is also provided for graduate students registered with the University of Cambridge and for undergraduates of the University of Cambridge and official volunteer workers travelling on supervised departmental fieldtrips outside the UK. Currently no charge is made for this cover, the costs being met by the University's insurance budget. However and most importantly, employees, registered post-graduate students and departments (in the case of fieldtrips) are required to apply for cover using the appropriate application process. The various application processes are listed below this note.

Please follow the guidance provided by the Foreign & Commonwealth Office for the country you are planning to visit.

Advice for Fieldtrips is provided by the University Health & Safety Division.

For more information about the financial aspects of travelling, please see the Travel website.