Human Resources Division
The following terms are used throughout the Staff Guide:
- Any person who holds a University office or post and has a University contract of employment.
- All academic and academic-related departments, including administrative units, libraries, museums and any other individual sections or units of the University.
- Head of institution
- This could be a Head of Department, Director, Chair or Secretary, depending on the institution in which you work.
- Local administrator
- Whoever is responsible for administration of the topic or issue under discussion: e.g. Departmental Secretary or head of administrative section.
- Principal investigator
- The named holder of a University-registered research grant.
- University office
- A University post regulated by specific Statutes and Ordinances.
- A full glossary of terms used within the University is available online