Online Learning Centre
Current online and blended courses
Below you can find a list of the online and blended learning courses that are available currently.
Key: Online course Blended course
A number of online resources are particularly useful particularly for new staff but are also a valuable reference for existing members of staff:
- Communicating Assertively
- Data security and protection for administrators
- Data security and protection for academic staff
- Email management
- Equal opportunities and diversity essentials
- Fire safety awareness
- Health and safety
- Managing diversity
- Presentation skills: An Introduction
- Project management
- Staff development and review for reviewers
- Time management
PPD's portfolio of training and development includes:
- online learning which you may access independently
- learning which blends face-to-face workshops with online modules
- online seminars which run in real time
Why do I need to book?
If the course you are looking for combines online and face-to-face learning, you may need to make a booking for both the online element and for the face-to-face element. You will find information about this in the online module.
A record may be made when you join an online module. This record may hold details of name, department, date started, date completed and evaluation data.
Where data is collected, the reasons and scope of the record will be outlined on the welcome page.
This information may be used to:
- provide training history records for course participants
- produce reports of participation for departments/faculties
- produce statistical reports of activity