Human Resources Division
A range of training opportunities and initiatives are available to ensure that members of the University community are made aware of equalities law and good practice in relation to equality and diversity.
The provision is available through a number of media: online training, face to face training, briefings, talks and lectures.
As a section, we promote and deliver various equality training programmes:
- Online Equality & Diversity training for staff.
- Different Views is a series of lunchtime seminars and discussions looking at what equality and diversity means to University staff and students.
- Bespoke Training: E&D can also design training on specific characteristics upon request. For example, a presentation on Bisexuality which was the subject of a briefing to Dignity@Work Contacts in July 2011.
- Diversity Events: we co-ordinate a range of events to celebrate Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trans (LGBT) History Month, Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) History Month, International Women's Day, (IWD) International Day of Persons with Disabilities (IPDP) and Holocaust Memorial Day (HMD).
- Springboard is a personal development programme for women staff and post-graduate students.
- Navigator is a personal development programme for male staff and post-graduate students.
- Spring Forward is a follow-on personal development programme for men and women.
For further information on training email firstname.lastname@example.org.