Human Resources Division
University Equality Champions
In October 2009, the University approved the establishment of Equality Champions to demonstrate senior leadership and support for equality and diversity matters and initiatives. The Champions:
- Support the progression of equality for all protected groups:
- Assist with the progression of equality objectives.
- Advocate on equality and diversity matters.
- Advise and contribute to papers and relevant processes.
- Work with staff and student equality networks.
- Provide a formal link to staff diversity networks (as indicated).
- Attend equalities-related events.
The Equality Champions also have the following areas of specific responsibility:
- Professor Dame Athene Donald
- Gender Equality (and Women's Network)
- Dr Nick Bampos
- Disability Equality (and Disabled and the LGB&T Networks)
- Professor Ian White
- Race Equality (and BME Network)
If you would like to contact one of the Equality Champions, email email@example.com.