University Equality Champions
In October 2009, the University approved the establishment of Equality Champions to demonstrate senior leadership and support for equality and diversity matters and initiatives. The Champions:
- Support the progression of equality for all protected groups:
- Assist with the progression of equality objectives.
- Advocate on equality and diversity matters.
- Advise and contribute to papers and relevant processes.
- Work with staff and student equality networks.
- Provide a formal link to staff diversity networks (as indicated).
- Attend equalities-related events.
The Equality Champions also have the following areas of specific responsibility:
- Professor Dame Athene Donald
- Gender Equality (and Women's Network)
- Dr Nick Bampos
- Disability Equality (and Disabled and the LGB&T Networks)
- Professor Ian White
- Race Equality (and BME Network)
If you would like to contact one of the Equality Champions, email email@example.com.