- In this section
The Board of Graduate Studies is charged with the admission, registration and approval of the University's graduate students; that is, those students studying for the PhD, MSc, MLitt or MPhil degree and other graduate qualifications. The Board meets nine times a year during term time.
Information relating to the Board's constitution and its duties is available as part of the University's Statutes and Ordinances.
The Student Registry provides administrative support for the Board of Graduate Studies, located at 4 Mill Lane, which includes:
- admitting graduate students and formally registering them for graduate qualifications
- managing graduate students' progress, reporting (CGSRS), examinations and records (CamSIS)
- advising graduate students, staff and other interested parties on the University's regulations
- managing graduate student fee payments, funding and Research Council liaison
- administration of higher doctorates and the Ph.D. Degree by Special Regulations.