Welcome to the Office of External Affairs and Communications
The Office of External Affairs and Communications manages the University's global reputation and its communications worldwide.
The role of the Office of External Affairs and Communications (OEA&C) is to promote and defend the University’s reputation so that it has the required freedom to operate. It fulfils a range of functions:
- It supports internal partners in their drive to attract the best students from the widest range of backgrounds, researchers and academics,
- It supports efforts to ensure the highest possible level of funding by promoting Cambridge’s excellence in research and teaching,
- It promotes coverage in traditional and social media about research and other activity,
- It manages media relations on behalf of the Colleges as well as the University,
- It engages with key stakeholders, including but not confined to politicians, to ensure the most benign policy environment for the University,
- It offers strategic advice to people across the University on reputation management,
- It offers a key source of advice and best practice for people across Collegiate Cambridge on engaging with stakeholders and demonstrating impact,
- It manages engagement with the public in key moments such as the Festival of Science and the Festival of Ideas, as well as a range of other events,
- It manages content for web and social media channels,
- It produces audio-visual content, and
- It manages our brand and licensing programme.
The Office of External Affairs and Communications welcomes applications for volunteering, work experience, and sandwich placements. To apply, please contact Tess Shiels.